The European Society for Artificial Organs was founded in 1974 in Geneva, Switzerland. It is a worldwide society with more than 400 members worldwide and the society actively encourages and publishes progress made in the field of artificial organs and allied spheres.
- Coordinate and develop research in Europe on artificial organs and represent research in this field with the scientific institutions concerned
- To promote exchanges and establish ties with associations having similar aims and a registered address outside Europe
- To promote and coordinate the activities of similar associations having their registered address in Europe, to create ties and organize exchanges among them
- To promote scientific projects in the field of artificial organs
- To promote young scientists
For membership fees for single and group membership please contact the ESAO website.
For further information and an application form please contact the ESAO website. Once completed please send to the ESAO office.
Members of ESAO will also receive lower registration rates for the ESAO congresses and seminars.
ESAO 2015 | XLII Annual ESAO Congress
2-5 September 2015 | Leuven, Belgium
The 42nd ESAO meeting will be held in Leuven, Belgium.
The European Society for Artificial Organs is a society of researchers interested in the crucial interface between medical device and the human body. Historically, areas of research concern renal, cardiac and pulmonary applications. Over the years, other areas (liver, pancreas, eye, ear, bone, cell and gene therapy, biomaterials, tissue engineering, organ preservation, robotics …) have been developed and are addressed.
This year’s theme is “Artificial Organs Tailor Made”. The theme reflects the clinical need to personalized medicine and to apply this goal to artificial organs.